With the continuous growth in the production and manufacturing sector, the demand for skilled factory workers predicts an increase.
If you have no experience and you wish to work in a factory, then go through all the available and currently open vacancies for you to apply.
The engaging work, family-like team atmosphere, education and training opportunities, a large variety of jobs and career paths, and competitive salary are just a few of the factors that make working in a factory makes it a rewarding choice.
Now proceed below to get all the full details regarding job vacancies in factory with no experience, the frequently asked questions to landing one and all the open vacancies now.
Who Is A Factory Worker
A factory worker performs various jobs in factories. Factory workers may operate machinery to manufacture different products.
They may also sort, check and pack products or work on product assembly. You can find this position in industrial environments.
You could be an assembly line worker, a repair technician, an operations manager, a foreman or a quality control specialist, depending on your level of training.
Factory Workers work in industrial units where they operate machines to create products. Work responsibilities include maintaining processing areas clean, checking product quality, testing samples, maintaining equipment, operating forklifts and aligning work pieces.
Working conditions of a factory worker vary with the type of operations they perform. You may need to stand for long periods or bend and lift heavy materials. You might also have to move quickly during your workday.
Some factory workers monitor machinery and stay seated for most of their shifts. The work environment can be noisy, although it can also be quiet and sterile if the factory produces food or medical products.
Available job vacancies in factory with no experience
1. Entry Level Operator
The Port Townsend Paper Mill currently has an opening for an Entry Level Operator based out of our location in Port Townsend, Washington.
The Port Townsend Paper (“PTPC”) mill has been in continuous operation for over 90 years.
They operate on a continuous basis to produce OCC and kraft pulp which is used to manufacture linerboard, kraft paper, corrugating medium and market pulp.
- Digesters – Loading pressure vessels with wood chips. Includes using a large wrench to tighten digester lids, moving/rodding hoppers to ensure flow of wood chips and clean-up of dust.
- Fiber Supply – Clean-up of dust/bark/chips. Operation of 988 CAT loader and skid steere.
- Power & Recovery – Clean-up of dust/bark, unplugging conveyor chutes, operating boiler valves, operating skid steere.
- Paper Machines – Clear paper from under machines; keep areas clean and orderly; inspect and keep clear felt guide paddles and ropes in the basement.
- Shipping- Ability to operate forklift safely.
All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to be trained and act as a competent relief for two jobs up the ladder in each of the departments within a specified training period.
These positions are classified as physically demanding and rated in the category of heavy lifting, moving heavy objects, and very fast-paced work.
- Ability to Lift and carry 40 pounds.
Stand, walk up to 12 hours per day, including carrying items on flat ground or up and down stairs; pushing; pulling; squatting; crouching; bending or stooping; crawling; kneeling; shoveling; sweeping; climbing stairs and ladders; and/or repetitive reaching or other repetitive hand use in any and all-weather conditions (sun, rain, sleet, snow).
- Ability to work in extreme hot or cold temperatures.
- Enter and work in confined spaces both walking and crawling.
- Must be able to wear respirators and breathing apparatus.
High School diploma or GED and 18 years old and over; no experience required; ability to pass the mill physical capacities test and drug screening; capable of being trained for Emergency Response.
Work Schedule and Environment
- Steam, dust, mists, noise, odors, and temperature extremes.
- Working in high places and confined spaces. Sharp instruments, moving equipment.
- Environment is hot and dusty and/or cold and damp, depending on assigned area.
- Shifts are 12 hours in duration (5am or 5pm start). 2 day shifts (5am to 5pm), 2 night shifts (5pm to 5am) followed by four days off (8 day rotation), not including any additional overtime.
- Competitive salary starting at $18.99/hour.
- After training is complete, the hourly rate will increase to a minimum of $21.32/hour.
- Afternoon and graveyard shift differentials.
- A comprehensive health care plan including prescription, vision care, life insurance, and dental plan.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- An exceptional retirement plan.
- Employee Assistance coverage with full services, including dietary and nutritional services, retirement planning, and support services.
- 2-5 weeks of vacations, pending years of service.
- 10 paid holidays, per year.
- Free on-site parking.
- Opportunity for overtime.
- Union represented position.
Rocky Mountain Twist is the leading US manufacturer and provider of innovative, high quality power tool accessories to the retail market and engineered drilling solutions to the industrial marketplace.
They currently have several packaging positions available, both full time and part time. We have full time day shift positions that work an early day shift, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Part time positions are flexible on schedule. Starting Wage is $10.60 per hour with wage increases with training completion. Full time positions are eligible for our full benefits package.
Packager Job Summary:
Packages materials and products to attain optimum production levels, meet quality specifications and safe operation requirements. The position requires the use of 8-10 different lines or machines where workers rotate positions every 2 hours or as needed.
Packager Essential Job Functions:
- Stand at machine or conveyor belt to place tools into designated spot
- Operate industrial machinery to achieve production results with constant repetitive motion
- Ensure that all products meet customer specifications by performing quality checks
- Enter data into computer and follows procedures for the activity
- Wear personal protective equipment as required
- Perform physical demands satisfactorily
- Perform duties to ensure safety of self and those in department
- Become familiar with part names,
- packaging materials, machine operations, and quality specifications
- Become familiar with and perform 75% of packaging line positions with proficiency
Must meet minimum age requirements for employment.
No previous experience required; but helpful
3. Production Worker
WestRock is a global company where our culture of safety, sustainability, and inclusion are foundational elements of our business. WestRock partners with our customers around the world to provide differentiated paper, packaging, and printing solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
We offer many opportunities for growth and development with our comprehensive training!
Company Benefits and Perks!
- Health/Dental/Vision Benefits eligibility available first day!
- 401K including company match eligibility available first day!
- Paid vacation, holidays, and overtime
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-sponsored wellness rewards program
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Temperature-controlled facility
- Company-issued safety gear (PPE)
- Annual performance reviews and merit increase eligibility
General Purpose: Our team of production workers work together to package and assemble finished products.
- Load/unload products from feeder
- Pack finished product into sleeves
- Review product for quality
- Make boxes and load skids
- Maintain clean work environment
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Ability to learn and follow safety rules, policies, and operating procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to work overtime as needed; overtime may be required during busy periods
- Ability to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
Other Factory Vacancies Without Experience
- Live Hanger Dept. 50 1st Shift
- Production Associate
- Production Positions
- Production Associate
- Part time Production Employee
- General Production Labor – All Shifts – Concordia, MO 64020
- Manufacturing Associate (Glass)
- Packaging & Assembly Associate and several others.
How To Apply
To apply. refer to the link below and once you are directed to the official career website ensure to provide all the necessary information so as to be considered for the job.
Salary Of Factory Workers Without Experience
The average factory worker salary is $30,908 per year or $15.85 per hour.
Entry-level positions start at $27,300 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $39,000 per year.
How do I get a job in a factory?
Get your high school diploma or GED certificate.
Be atleast 18 years old to work in a factory.
Acquire strong practical skills in any field of factory jobs such as learning to drive a forklift and learning about the products the factory manufactures and the procedures.
Once you get the job, you can receive on-the-job training and gain experience
What skills do you need to work in a factory?
- Loading and unloading
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Materials Handling
- Attention to detail
- Visual Inspection
- Heavy Lifting
What is the highest paying factory job?
- Manufacturing/Sawmill Production
- Print Production Associate.
- General Labor
- Assemblers, Brazers, Material Handlers,
- Machine and Runtest Operators
- Production Worker.
- Assembler 1 (Day Shift)
- Production Supervisor
- Production Team Member
What Is A Factory Worker Called?
blue-collar worker, nounmanual or technical laborer, common laborer, or employee.Factory