Would you like to make a difference in the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work.
In this role, you will act as a Field Service Engineer (FSE) based in Oslo, Norway. You will be part of our Building as a Grid (BG) team. You will provide a first-class commissioning service as a part of the project and commissioning team. You are a professional electrician, a good team player, and you like technical challenges.
You can be either very experienced in similar tasks and can work as a Field Service Engineer having more leading technical responsibility on commissioning activities and supporting the rest of the team or in case.
With our Buildings as a Grid approach, you can transform the buildings into an energy hub to take advantage of the new power paradigm, better manage existing electrical infrastructure and prepare for future energy requirements.
Your main responsibilities:
• Provide optimum service support for customers through phone, personal visits, etc.
• Develop service-related training to field staff as well as customers
• Perform service activities according to company policies and safety standards
• Develop documentation for service-related issues and resolutions
• Investigate and troubleshoot product service issues
• Identify problems and record solutions for reference purposes
• Educate customer representatives about product usage and maintenance
• Stay up to date on industry standards and technical service knowledge
• Address customer inquiries in a timely manner
• Coordinate with various teams to fix product issues
• Inform management on product service issues as observed through interaction with clients
Your essential skills we are looking for:
• Technical qualification: Electrician (Group L) and above
• At least 3-5 years of proven experience within the electrical business/engineering/installation field
• Good understanding of electrical regulations
• Fluent Norwegian and English knowledge (both oral and written) is mandatory
• Can do attitude & excellent communications skills will complete the profile
You may apply for the role with a Norwegian and English resume!
What we offer to you:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package
• Permanent contract in a fast-growing global company
• Challenging projects in a dynamic, collaborative team
• We make ethics and culture matter – You will enjoy working in a supportive and collaborative workplace where ethics and safety are in our DNA
• We make your perspectives matter – Different points of view are what drive innovation and collaboration, and at Eaton, innovation begins with top-to-bottom diversity. Our senior leadership is made up of individuals from diverse groups to help create an environment where employees feel represented and heard at every level
• We make your aspirations matter – Eaton encourages internal promotion whenever possible
• We make your growth matter – We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, efficiently, and reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention, and discovery become a reality daily.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging, and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the most demanding power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a solid commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge always to foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest, or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign, and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups.
We are stronger as individuals and a company when we embrace the different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds that make us unique.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent, and committed to learning.
We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of our employees’ attributes.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.