Do What You Love. Love What You Do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About The Team
The Engineering Environments team builds scalable, cloud-based instances of the Workday stack for Workday developers and testers and the Workday Continuous Delivery pipeline. In support of the increasing demand, we are growing our team by delivering Cloud-based services which meet Workday’s Operational, Performance, Management, and Security needs.
About The Role
- Work with geographically distributed teams to deliver development and testing environments in an automated, scalable, stable, efficient, and self-service way to our end users.
- Use your troubleshooting and triage skills to provide assistance to solve escalated operational and end-user issues.
- Implement improvement initiatives such as methodologies, standards, processes, and tools to make teams more efficient.
- Lead and mentor other engineers in the team
Motivated, self-starter, keen to learn, and capable of building scalable architectures.
- 4+ years of software and systems delivery experience. Proven record of building scalable and maintainable solutions
- Strong Development experience with one or more of the following: Java, Scala, Go, Ruby, Python, react.js
- Good experience in Linux Shell Scripting, Bash Scripting, Docker, and Jenkins
- Experience with Agile Principles and best practices
- Strong expertise in AWS stack (e.g. EC2, DynamoDb, RDS, IAM, Route53, S3)
- Strong expertise in GCP ecosystem and infrastructure services (e.g. GCE, GSC, KSM, VPC, Cloud Load Balancing, GKE, Stackdriver, IAM, DNS and firewalls)
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!